Sales Development Representative – Fintech / Retail SaaS Job at MishiPay – London
Sales Development Representative – SaaS / Fintech / Retail Tech
Competitive basic plus up to 50% bonus and unlimited holidays
MishiPay (https://mishipay.com/) was founded in 2015 by Mustafa Khanwala (/in) and Tanvi Bhardwaj (/in), bringing the best of the online checkout experience to physical stores.
We do this with our Scan, Pay and Go experience. Using our native apps on Android or iOS, or our web app available on Chrome or Safari, customers scan the products they wish to buy in store using their own phone and pay instantly. This eradicates the need to wait in line or touch store hardware. The current Covid-19 crisis has given us another mission to keep retail staff safe whilst giving shoppers the confidence to return to High Streets and malls.
As the world’s leading Scan and Go provider as a third party application into retailers’ stores, we work with some of the world’s largest retailers including names like MUJI, Eroski, Dufry, Spar, Londis, Decathlon, and many others. The work is challenging and requires you to be on top of your game, but if the adventure and journey excites you, then this is the place for you. We want to make sure that in exchange for this commitment from our team, we offer them the best package possible in terms of options, salary and bonus linked to the success of the business.
You’ll also quickly see the impact of your work as we develop our products and customers.
We are looking for a high-achieving Sales Development Representative, ideally with some European language skills, to work closely with our Business Development Directors. You’ll help to impact revenue growth through our partnerships with international retailers. You’ll be a natural salesperson, motivated, ambitious, keen to succeed, with strong academic backgrounds and work history.
It’s essential that you’ll have experience of working in a technology startup or fast-growing tech SME and have developed clients in sectors including retail, grocery, restaurants, and convenience. You’ll love the thought of working in a well-funded tech startup that’s growing and gaining significant market traction.
You’ll be responsible for selling our exciting Shopping Tech & Payment solutions over the phone as well as outbound lead generation, dealing with incoming enquiries and setting up meetings for our senior Sales team, even potentially closing smaller deals yourself.
About The Role
- Assist the Senior Sales team in opening of new accounts with major retailers, completing new supplier set-up forms and maintaining our CRM system at all times.
- Development of a calling and lead-generation campaign, compiling an appropriate target client list. Because you’ll be so aware of the market, you’ll be able to suggest and approach the most receptive retailers, both for senior members of the team and yourself.
- Carry out product demonstrations and presentations over video.
- Generate new business through market research. You’ll identify the right contacts through research using Linkedin and other channels
- Reach out to retailers of varying sizes and channels across the UK and Europe. You’ll develop innovative and exciting ways to develop partnerships in order to drive significant revenue and top-line sales.
- Reply to all expressions of interest from retailers, both via email and telephone, and arrange follow-up calls and visits with the appropriate MishiPay Salesperson.
- Manage smaller standalone retailers through all aspects of the Sales cycle, together with the rest of the team.
- Assist with the preparation of detailed Sales proposals and presentations.
- Help us to prepare for trade shows and events, organising shipping, travel and accommodation.
- Take part in all sales meetings & produce agreed reports such as lead conversion & sales reports
You will also work as BDR, SDR, Inside Sales, Internal Sales, Sales Executive, Sales Development Representative or similar, Account Executive, BDM.
About you :
- Bachelors degree is preferred – or experience in relevant Inside Sales (within retail technology).
- Professional and articulate individual, with around 2 years experience of working in an Inside Sales role within another retail tech business.
- Experience of calling warm and/or cold leads and closing deals and expertise in successful objection handling.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise & manage multiple tasks.
- Courteous and polite with good telephone manner and excellent customer service.
- Self-motivated, trustworthy and responsible hands-on individual who gets things done.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal English.
- Attention to detail, ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Powerpoint and CRM experience.
- The desire to work in a fast-growing small business, that is truly ground-breaking in our service offering!
We’re expecting to reward success, so you should be happy to reap the rewards of your efforts! We’ll offer a great commission structure, competitive basic and ultimately the chance to make a huge impact.
You’ll work with an inspirational multi-cultural team, based in our central London HQ, the US and Bangalore, who are redefining the retail industry globally. We offer a tight-knit, collaborative and exciting work environment, coupled with the opportunity to see the apps we develop live in action within some of the world’s largest retailers, impacting the lives of millions of shoppers. You’ll also get:
- Learning and Development Monthly Allowance
- A chance to be recognised in one of our two monthly award schemes (and win various prizes)
- Unlimited Paid Leave
- Pitch Training
- Online Fitness Sessions
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus scheme
- Commission pay
- Quarterly bonus
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Wellness programmes
- Do you have experience in generating leads for SaaS sales?
- Do you have experience in selling to retailers?
- Have you worked for a tech startup as a SDR?
About the Company
Company: MishiPay –
Company Location: London