Remote Customer Service Advisor Job at The Co-operative Bank – Manchester
Remote Customer Service Advisor
Training: Manchester City Centre, then fully remote once 10 week onsite induction is completed.
Why join The Co-operative Bank:
We are a diverse colleague community and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We strive to help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work life balance, wellbeing and career development.
What we can offer you:
- £19,200 – £22,285 dependent on experience and the number of hours worked
- We provide fantastic office based training for the first 10 weeks to ensure you have the information and knowledge required before you are signed off to work fully remote. Please check you are able to commit to those first 10 weeks travelling to our office in Manchester city centre
- Rotational shift patterns 35, 37.5 or 40 hour week contract plus overtime paid at enhanced rates
- Enhanced pay on top of your basic salary (circa £1,260 per year) for working on a weekend and if employed on a full time contract
- Annual performance bonus
- 27 days holiday plus UK bank holidays, rising to 30 days
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Competitive pension/income protection/life assurance
- Wellbeing support ‘[email protected]’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- MyReward corporate discount for over 800 retailers
- Family friendly policies and a supportive work environment
- Full IT equipment provided to be able to work from home and ongoing training and support
- Colleague network groups committed to diversity and inclusion
- Clear progression opportunities
You will have the option to work a flexible working pattern of an average of 35, 37.5 or 40 hours a week over a 7 day period between 8am to 7pm Monday-Friday and 9am to 5pm on a Saturday and Sunday every other weekend.
What you will be doing:
If you can bring customer service experience at any level, we are offering a brilliant opportunity to join our award winning contact centre team and work from the comfort of your own home.
- You will identify customers’ banking needs to tailor solutions, whilst guaranteeing the right outcome for the customer and the bank.
- We need talented problem solvers who think outside the box challenge the status quo to help shape our Contact Centres of the future.
- Safeguarding will play an important part of your role, you will do this by educating customers on safer ways of banking, profiling callers, to ensure you are talking to the right person and protecting our customers from scam and fraud attacks to help keep their money safe.
- You will interact with customers over the telephone dealing with their day to day banking needs.
- As you progress you will learn more skills that will develop your knowledge and capabilities including identifying, preventing and stopping financial crime.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
We want you to impress us with the skills you have rather than where you have worked or for how long. If you demonstrate the desired skills and competencies below, then we want you to join our team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills
- The ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Resilience and determination
- Computer literate, with the ability to navigate confidently and quickly around multiple systems whilst speaking to customers over the telephone
- Please note: To work remotely, a designated, confidential and quiet work space is required to undertake this role
About the application process:
Our application process isn’t long winded. There are only 3 quick and easy steps:
- Step 1 – Apply with your CV
- Step 2 – Digital interview (a video interview conducted in the comfort of your own home and 2 fun online games to play – the whole process takes approx. 20 minutes)
- Step 3 – A 20 minute chat with a member of our Recruitment Team
Who we are:
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always. Find out more about who we are https://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/about-us/
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,200.00-£22,285.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manchester, M4 4BE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you able to commit to 10 weeks of full time training in our Manchester city centre office between Mondays to Friday from 8am?
- Able you able to work between Monday–Friday 8am-7pm and every other Saturday and Sunday between 9am – 5pm?
- Do you have a quiet and private designated area to work from your home location in the UK?
- Do you have reliable internet speed at home?
- Do you have any CCJ’s or have you ever been declared bankrupt?
- Do you have any unspent criminal convictions?
- Have you ever been dismissed from any of your previous roles?
- United Kingdom (required)
Reference ID: 013082
Expected start date: 19/09/2022
About the Company
Company: The Co-operative Bank –
Company Location: Manchester