QA Automation Analyst (Remote) Job at guard.me International Insurance – Markham, ON
We are currently seeking an experienced and creative QA Automation Analyst to join our Operations Team. As a QA Automation Analyst, you will become an expert on the guard.me administration system and will participate in various aspects of test planning and execution. You will assist the Sr. QA Automation Analyst in developing a QA framework for automated and manual acceptance and integration testing, as well as regression testing major system updates. You will participate in scrum ceremonies and when applicable, provide input on the testability of requirements and acceptance criteria.
guard.me International Insurance recognizes people as our most valuable asset. We look for individuals who like working with and helping people and who are interested in long-term career growth within an established, successful company. The work environment is fast-paced and high-energy. You’ll have a chance to communicate with others, as everyone’s input is valued. The culture is truly collaborative. You’ll be working with an established award-winning team with an impressive track record.
COVID-19 considerations: We have a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in effect. As well, we are currently working remotely due to COVID and will be for the time being. Ideally, where government regulations allow, we will return to the office, and this position will be located in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
If we still have your attention, please read through the responsibilities and qualifications and if you think you’re a good fit, we’d love to review your resume!
· Interact with developers, project managers and peers to validate requirements and identify risks & gaps
· Assist in creating and developing an automated and manual software testing framework
· Perform functional testing at various levels (component, system, system integration, E2E, user acceptance) utilizing techniques such as exploratory, browser compatibility, parallel testing, etc.
· Participate in Agile meetings and advocate for CI/CD and QA best practices
· Create and execute test cases/plans and document processes and procedures
· Perform manual exploratory, functional, regression, integration, and acceptance testing
· Collect, analyze and report regarding team and project Quality metrics to the leadership team
· Enforce software engineering best practices to ensure continuous improvement in the software development process
· Assist in developing standards around reporting issues via reproducible steps, screenshots, and relevant information
· Prioritize and escalate top incoming issues, while also prioritizing backlog issues to reduce technical debt and improve UX
· Become a software business process expert through gaining knowledge, staying abreast of technology trends & developments in the insurance industry and using best practices
· Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field of study
· 5+ years of experience as an SQA and 1+ years of QA automation experience
· Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of automation best practices and industry trends
· Experience in automating tests at API and UI level
· Experience in using issue tracking systems and test case management tools
· Ability to manage continuously changing business need
· Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills with great attention to detail
· Exceptional verbal & written communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
Disclaimer: Please note that this document is intended to provide an overview of job accountabilities and does not necessarily list all tasks related to the job.
guard.me is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation will be provided to requesting candidates during the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
guard.me is a leading provider of international student health insurance and, we’re so much more. That’s why, as a trusted partner for private and public universities, colleges, language schools and school boards, we created guard.meCARES, our innovative platform of health and wellness programs and services designed to mitigate risk, manage crisis events and improve health and wellness day-in and day-out.
guard.meCARES is more than a name; caring is at the heart of everything we do. It’s who we are and it’s why we are here. The philosophy of caring for students and our partners and giving back to the communities in which we do business is our guiding principle and what sets us apart from our competitors.
Our team of Real People delivers the personalized attention and culturally sensitive Real Solutions clients need for Real Life. We offer expert assistance during times of crisis, innovative programs and digital resources that improve wellness, ongoing education and training for staff and educators, with unparalleled customer support.
It’s a commitment to caring that every guard.me team member holds at their core and strives to deliver on each and every day. We do it not because we have to, but because guard.meCARES.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Eligible candidates must be fully vaccinated and must show proof of vaccination before joining.
- Software Quality Assurance Occupations: 5 years (required)
- Test automation: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-04-01
About the Company
Company: guard.me International Insurance –
Company Location: Markham, ON