Project Engineer – Commercial Construction Job at Brinkman Construction Inc – Fort Collins, CO
Description: About the Role:
From preconstruction handoff to project completion, Project Engineers assist the project team in performing day-to-day activities required to coordinate the entire construction process.
Well-qualified candidates are:
- Construction management professionals with a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management/Engineering or related field, offering 1 to 3 years of experience with a General Contractor.
- Familiar with construction concepts and are able to learn from others on the project team.
- Versed at the concept of facilitating and coordinating technical construction communication documents such as RFIs, ASIs, and submittals between the field, Subcontractors, and Architect.
- Have a basic understanding of construction means and methods as they relate to specific projects.
- Possess a basic understanding of project financials including labor time, cost coding for invoices, and subcontract schedules of values.
- Tech-savvy, with proficiency using Bluebeam, and the entire MS Office Suite.
- Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record, per company policy
Job Duties & Essential Functions
- Under the direction of an Assistant Project Manager, ability to monitor priorities and track with all necessary parties to meet the schedule needs. Have some competency in bidding low-risk subcontract divisions, analysis of bids identifying scope for inclusion into contracts.
- Assist the Superintendent with the administration of stormwater control, QA/QC, and safety programs.
- Take comprehensive and organized notes related to the conversations that take place in owner and subcontractor meetings.
- Responsible for managing the closeout process in a timely and efficient manner.
- Generate subcontract exhibits after a thorough scope review with the rest of the project team.
- Communicate with subcontractors, including soliciting pricing requests for added/changed scope, with oversight from the PM.
- Assist the Project Superintendent in processing and filing JHA’s and Hazmat documents.
- Responsible for understanding and holding others accountable for Jobsite Safety Standards.
Base Salary: $61,000 and pay is commensurate on technical skills and experience
. Requirements: About Our Company:
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman Construction is a 100% employee-owned company with projects spanning the entire Front Range. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of industry accolades such as Best Commercial Builder Runner-Up, Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and innumerable project-based awards, including Best Adaptive Reuse Project for The Exchange and Best Building Project for the Eating Recovery Center.
Our Core Values:
At Brinkman Construction, we’re Driven to Build, and our core values are the cornerstone of our success. They shape our culture, define our character, inform our vision and empower us to deliver on our mission.
Honest and Ethical
We are committed to attracting creative, collaborative construction professionals who exemplify our core values, our culture and are empowered to contribute to – and benefit from – the growth and success of the organization.
Our Value Proposition:
Brinkman Construction employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, spot-bonuses, and our acclaimed Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), alongside flexible benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans, and a 401(k) match.
We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid parental leave and deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work, and play through our Volunteer Time Off and Brinkman Gives programs.
Brinkman Construction is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision-making for future success.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please note that Brinkman Construction does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies without a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement in place. In the absence of such an agreement, Brinkman explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire any candidate presented, without any financial obligation for recruiter commission or referral compensation. Any unsolicited resumes and/or candidate profiles presented by recruiters or employment agencies – including those presented directly to hiring managers – are deemed to be the property of Brinkman Construction.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Brinkman Construction Inc –
Company Location: Fort Collins, CO