PERSONAL LINES UNDERWRITER Job at Allstate Canada – Markham, ON
Who is Allstate:
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is a leading home and auto insurer focused on providing its customers prevention and protection products and services for every stage of life. The company is proud to have been named a Best Employer in Canada for nine consecutive years and prioritizes supporting employees and fostering an inclusive, welcoming corporate culture. Allstate is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates through partnerships with charitable organizations, employee giving and volunteerism. Serving Canadians since 1953, Allstate strives to provide reassurance with its “You’re in Good Hands®” promise.
Through our Employee Value Proposition, Opportunity, Flexibility, Community, Diversity and Family, we have worked hard to develop and nurture a culture where employees feel valued, experience personal growth, have career options and truly enjoy the work they do.
Pembridge Insurance is a part of the Allstate Canada Group. Our mission is to bring strength, experience and care in everything we do with our employees, partners and customers. Our vision is to be the best insurer, employer, and business partner in Canada.
Pembridge Insurance Company has built a strong reputation of high quality products and boutique service for its Brokers. Established in 1999, Pembridge offers a comprehensive range of Personal Insurance products through the support of an independent Broker network. To learn more about Pembridge or Allstate Canada, visit www.pembridge.com.
Our team is growing and we are actively looking to hire Personal Line Underwriters!
Please note we have multiple positions available for this role.
Role Designation: Home – Based
Benefits to joining Allstate
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Employee discounts (15% on auto and property insurance, plus many other products and services)
- Good Office program (receive up to 400$ back after purchasing office equipment)
- Student Loan Payment Matching Program for Government Student loans
- Comprehensive Retirement Savings Program with employer matched contributions
- Annual Wellness allowance to support employees with improving health and wellbeing
- Personal reflection day
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Working within the community and giving back!
Reporting to the Provincial Underwriting Manager, the Personal Lines Underwriter will be accountable for:
- Develop and support professional business partnerships with brokerage sales and service staff by providing prompt and friendly service, responding to inquiries, acting pro-actively and taking ownership of issues as they arise to see them through to solutions;
- As needed working both independently and collaboratively with other teams within the organization, including at other locations and remotely, meet productivity and quality objectives;
- Balance an analytical approach using sound judgment with the need to attain compliance; ensure rating integrity and appropriate risk classification;
- Demonstrate open communication and transparency collaborate with the region leadership including business relationship managers to share and take advantage when possible of competitive intelligence;
- Develop an understanding of the marketplace and provide input to the team to adapt and adopt tactics ongoing that ensure profitability and growth to achieve financial targets;
- Analyze existing workflow and processes working toward a future of state of efficiency and accuracy through continuous improvement initiatives;
- Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education and completion of CIP designation is preferred;
- Minimum 1-2 years of Underwriting experience is preferred;
- Experience in the non-standard auto market as well as experience in a broker office would be an asset;
- Familiarity with Pembridge products and services would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the regional insurance market and the brokers within the market is considered an asset;
- Strong negotiation skills, customer service skills and the ability and willingness to learn;
- Ability to collaborate with peers and subordinates to reach goals as well as the ability to work well independently.
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Allstate Canada –
Company Location: Markham, ON