Administrative Assistant (Remote) – 1 yr mat leave – potential to continue Job at Secretariat Central – Markham, ON
Administrative Assistant – 1 year maternity leave contract with possibility to continue
This is a remote/virtual position with occasional visits to our office in Markham (travel paid by the company). All candidates must demonstrate they have a suitable home office with computer, stable internet connection and phone. Office hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET. Canadians from across the country invited to apply.
Secretariat Central is a dynamic and creative association management company (AMC) looking for an exceptional Administrative Assistant.
Located in Markham Ontario, we provide association management services to not-for-profit healthcare and other Canadian associations and charities. Our mission is to provide our clients with the very best customer service and a platform from which to grow. Our associations are making a real difference in the world – and we are there to support them in achieving their objectives. We are passionate about our associations and we know that our company’s most valuable asset is our team.
The opportunity: You will provide administrative and project support to our clients as part of a client team, led by our President. The team also includes shared services (accounting, IT and conference management). You will be the front face of the association and will be expected to represent its interests with integrity, diligence and commitment.
Starting date: ASAP.
You will perform the following:
- MEMBERSHIP COORDINATION
- WEBSITE COORDINATION
- PROJECT COORDINATION
- MEETING COORDINATION
To do this job successfully, you must be highly organized, efficient, and able to juggle multiple priorities!
- 2+ years’ experience where you demonstrated similar experience and a commitment to client service excellence, even if volunteer.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, interact with internal and external contacts and respond to and follow up on their requests.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize, multi-task and demonstrate excellent time management and customer-service skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Happy, professional demeanor.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and with limited guidance in an ever-changing environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills to work with staff and clients.
- Ability to take concise meeting minutes and prepare reports.
- Proficient with the following: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, social media.
- Experience working with an association or association management, not-for-profit or healthcare organization.
- Fluency in French an asset.
- Canadians from all parts of the country are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: We pride ourselves on providing a happy and supportive work culture, health care spending allowance, summer hours, paid birthday and bonus days off, the excitement of travel & more!
Please send a cover letter identifying how your experience matches with our requirements and include your resume and salary requirements. Please note we will not accept any submissions that do not include your resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
We are committed to taking every precaution reasonable for the protection of the health and safety of our staff and other stakeholders. As a result, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Secretariat Central is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of their race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or disability.
*Please note that if you come to our workplace for occasional meetings, that the office is not wheelchair accessible and that there are 20+ stairs to climb.
**We regret that only candidates we choose to interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Why do you think you are a good candidate for this position?
- Administrative: 2 years (required)
Expected start date: 2022-06-13
About the Company
Company: Secretariat Central –
Company Location: Markham, ON